Frequently asked questions
What is OBDII?
How would I know if my vehicle is OBDII compliant?
Does MtrackScout require a SIM card to work?
Does my SIM card need to be activated for voice?
Why is my MtrackScout unit not updating anymore?
- There is no SIM card installed into the MtrackScout unit. Please refer to “Does MtrackScout require a SIM card to work?” question in the section
- The security PIN on the SIM card used is not disabled. Please ensure that the PIN is disabled on the SIM card by placing it onto a phone and disabling the security feature.
- The pay-as-you go SIM card has run out of air time and the unit cannot connect to the network. Please check that the SIM card has sufficient airtime or data bundles active.
- The contract SIM card has been suspended due to account issues with your service provide. Please contact the SIM card service provider to reactivate the account.
- There is a problem with the MtrackScout unit’s connection into the OBDII port of the vehicle. Please remove the MtrackScout unit and reinstall it to confirm the connection is secure.
- If none of the above seem to be causing your problem, please contact Technical Support via firstname.lastname@example.org
Does MtrackScout report live?
Why can I not login to the MtrackScout web system?
Why am I seeing flashing lights on the MtrackScout unit while I am driving?
How do the monthly subscription payments work?
Why are my reports not being emailed to me anymore?
How do I view / track my assets?
Which Mtrack unit is best for asset recovery purposes?
Do you have a smaller wireless tracking device?
How long does the battery last on the wireless MtrackWAR device?
Is there an MtrackWAR unit with a rechargeable battery?
Does Mtrack offer onsite installation and maintenance services?
How long does an installation take?
Can I access the tracking system from my mobile phone / device?
Do I have to purchase software with the Mtrack devices?
Who does recoveries in the event of an emergency?
We have partnered with ITA Group who
Do I pay for the recovery service?
Do I get a rebate or discount from my insurance if Mtrack is installed?
How will I know the battery’s status on my wireless unit?