All retail outlets suffer from shrinkage and theft, from both external and internal forces. The worst rates occur in high value items such as mobile phones, perfume, DVD’s, alcohol, cigarettes and pharmaceuticals. This is a huge market for thieves and they will focus on products that are easy to steal and easy to sell on the black market. Using Mtrack in retail is about stopping small regular theft, often by internal staff and controlled by organised crime gangs.
Advantages of Mtrack Products in the Retail Industry
- Protection of stock in warehouses, stores, safes etc
- To reduce “shrinkage”, both internal and externally
- Temperature monitoring of fridges and freezers
How can MtrackWAR assist?
- All retail outlets suffer from shrinkage and theft from both external and internal forces. The worst rates occur in high value items such as mobile phones, perfume, DVD’s, alcohol, cigarettes and pharmaceuticals. This is a huge market for thieves and they will focus on products that are easy to steal and resell. Using Mtrack in retail is about stopping small, regular theft, often by internal staff and controlled by organised crime gangs.
- Items such as these all have a high value-to-size ratio, are difficult to identify as being stolen, are easy to conceal and are in high demand on the “black market”.
- As pressure on these criminals increases, the illegal sale of these products has moved from more traditional sources to non-traditional outlets such as mobile addresses, empty plots, storage facilities, rented properties, townships etc. This makes the ability to effectively track the stolen property even more essential.
- Any possible solution must reduce losses or prevent crime at a competitive price, it must be practical for the intended purpose and retailers must know what the return on investment will be and how long it will take to achieve this.
- Control needs to be taken away from the criminal element and put back in the hands of law abiding citizens and businesses.
How can Mtrack help solve this problem?
- Mtrack is now being used to track goods that have in the past been difficult or impossible to track. There is now a device small enough to fit into perfume and mobile phone boxes, etc. When hidden in a product for sale, Mtrack acts firstly as a deterrent to staff becoming involved in the crime, as they will be made aware of the existence of a tracking device but not of its location, and secondly, as a recovery device, should the asset be stolen and leave the store.
- Because it is wireless, Mtrack can be covertly placed within a pallet of goods, or even put into the box that contains the protected load (e.g. mobile phone box, shrink-wrapped to look like any other).
- Minimum installation requirements, meaning the unit can be fitted into most assets quickly and covertly, away from the attention of possible informers to criminal distribution chains. It is a fully portable solution that can be easily moved from asset to asset
- Because Mtrack can also be hidden in a load, it is suitable for solving many high value robberies as well as simple vehicle theft. Previously, the truck would be recovered less the trailer and goods. For the first time, you are now able to track and recover the asset/load and trailer and truck should there be a unit in each.
- Once the protected load has been delivered the Mtrack is removed and returned to the start of the supply chain. However if the load is stolen, the Mtrack, hidden inside the package, is virtually impossible to detect. Alternatively, Mtrack can be embedded in the trailer chassis.
- This means that from the criminal’s point of view, they now have a problem as they do not know which package contains the Mtrack, and if they start opening boxes and breaking the shrink wrap around the merchandise, the resale value goes down. This also takes valuable time. It creates unpredictable behaviour for criminals.
- Movement sensor capability allows the unit to go into alarm if it moves when it shouldn’t.
- By using the GSM network, Mtrack is not as easy to shield as GPS based systems. Unlike GPS, stolen goods can be traced inside vehicles, indoors, outdoors, and even underground such as in car parks, basements and garages. Mtrack does not need to “see the sky”
- Goods are tracked and can be recovered if stolen.
How can MtrackTag assist?
- No software on PC’s, access data and manage your fleet from anywhere in the world.
- Reporting and mapping system that is completely web-based.
- The web-based offering ranks amongst the fastest and most intuitive.
- Maintenance, access and usage are absolutely effortless
Single Control Room
- Managed and monitored by a single 24 hour control room
- National recovery infrastructure.
- Reputable, proven track record.